Voz y Corazón - Suicide Prevention
Voz y Corazón
Voz y Corazón focuses on empowering youth voices and hearts through art and connectedness. It is a free community-based support group for youth, focused on self-acceptance, group connection and mentorship - all supported through artistic expression.
Designed By Teens, For Teens
The goals of the program are:
Education and Awareness
Identifying and developing sources of strength in youth
Teaching youth how to intervene appropriately with their friends and family members when there is a concern about possible suicide
Support and Referral
- Increase access to mentors and other adults who become positive role models, listen with care, offer meaningful support, and refer to formal mental health services when needed
- Create opportunities for artistic expression and healing through the arts
- Support the linkage to low cost and culturally responsive mental health services for youth and their families
If you don’t know where to begin getting mental health, substance use or emotional help for yourself or someone you know—start here. We provide confidential and immediate support, 24/7/365. If you are in crisis or need help dealing with one, you can:
- Call 1-844-493-TALK (8255) to speak to a trained professional.
- Text TALK to 38255
- Visit any Walk-In Center. The nearest one to WellPower services is located at 4353 E. Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80220