School Age Services
About School Age Services
School-age children face special challenges and our unique services are designed to support their intellectual and emotional progress.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
Our Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services team provides specialized outpatient mental health care for Deaf and hard of hearing children, families and adults in the Denver area.
In-Home Therapy Services
Our In-Home Therapy Services offers therapeutic services to children and their families who are experiencing a high level of mental health symptoms. Our program considers the role of the family system when working with children and adolescents. Caregivers' participation is essential to success in our program.
- Our services are family-focused, considering the impacts of attachment and trauma.
- Our services are provided for three hours per week and are considered short-term, only lasting six months to a year.
- Services offered include individual therapy, family therapy, parent meetings and collateral meetings.
- Psychiatry services and case management services are available to families.
- Some sessions may occur in the child’s school and/or during school hours.
WellPower’s school-based therapists provide effective, individualized, strength-based, trauma-informed, and culturally respectful mental health treatment services to students within Denver Public Schools. Therapists collaborate with parents, guardians, school personnel and community organizations. Our school-based program focuses on communities of color and other diverse student populations, given the inequities in supportive services and health care. Providing therapeutic services within the school setting increases the ease of access while decreasing barriers to treatment.
We know that healthy students are more likely to go to school ready to learn, actively engage in school activities, have supportive and caring connections with adults and young people, use appropriate problem-solving skills, add to positive school culture and engage in safe behaviors.
The school-based team believes that children, youth, and families are resilient, and we support them in achieving a healthy and successful future.
- Identification and assessment of therapeutic need, including crisis intervention
- Individual, family and group therapy are conducted both in-person and via telehealth
- Consultation and training with parents, teachers and community partners
- Case management as well as collaboration with school personnel and other WellPower departments
Skyline Academy is a day treatment program which provides mental health treatment and educational services to children whose emotional or behavioral disorders interfere with their ability to be successful in a traditional public school setting.
Our research-based treatment models emphasize character development, social skills, and appropriate ways to express feelings.
In addition to educational services we offer:
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy and parenting support
- Medication appointments
Access Our Services
To schedule a first-time appointment for yourself, your child or a loved one, contact our Access Center by calling (303) 504-7900.
Send Us an Email: AccessCenter@wellpower.org