School Age Services
About School Age Services
School-age children face special challenges and our unique services are designed to support their intellectual and emotional progress.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
In-Home Therapy Services
Our In-Home Therapy Services offers therapeutic services to children and their families who are experiencing a high level of mental health symptoms. Our program considers the role of the family system when working with children and adolescents. Caregivers' participation is essential to success in our program.
- Our services are family-focused, considering the impacts of attachment and trauma.
- Our services are provided for three hours per week and are considered short-term, only lasting six months to a year.
- Services offered include individual therapy, family therapy, parent meetings and collateral meetings.
- Psychiatry services and case management services are available to families.
- Some sessions may occur in the child’s school and/or during school hours.
Our School-Based Services have on-site mental health therapists in several Denver Public Schools providing intervention and treatment to support positive social and emotional development.
These services are confidential and available free to all students. We encourage parental involvement, and school personnel must notify parents of youth under 15 years old prior to treatment.
Please contact your child’s school for information on the referral process.
- Assessments and evaluations to identify specific problems, strengths and resources
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Medication evaluation and management
- Case management and crisis intervention
Skyline Academy is a day treatment program which provides mental health treatment and educational services to children whose emotional or behavioral disorders interfere with their ability to be successful in a traditional public school setting.
Our research-based treatment models emphasize character development, social skills, and appropriate ways to express feelings.
In addition to educational services we offer:
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy and parenting support
- Medication appointments