About Telehealth Services
Telehealth is a safe, secure way to receive services with WellPower. Through video calls, we're able to bring our services to you.
For Telehealth Services, Start Here
We want to make sure you have everything you need to start accessing our virtual services through video calls. Each button will take you to a different section on this page with telehealth information to assist you in gathering the tools you need for teletherapy.
I want to learn about:
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth, or remote health care, is a relatively new way of providing services for our communities. Unlike in-person services, telehealth services are done over the internet using a device that can connect to video, like a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Using video calls, you can talk with care providers both one-on-one or in groups. As the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we operate globally, many healthcare organizations have started using telehealth as a new way to provide care.
Video conferencing programs are commonly used because they provide a safe, secure connection. At WellPower, we use Microsoft Teams to provide telehealth services.
The Benefits of Telehealth
There are some key similarities between receiving services in-person and through telehealth:
- You and your clinician can able to see each other and read each other's facial expressions and body language.
- You can keep your regular schedule with your care team.
- You will not be billed extra to receive telehealth services.
- Our staff interpreters are also equipped with video technology, and are still available to join your appointment if you use their services.
Telehealth also offers unique benefits:
- You don't have to travel to your clinician's office for an appointment.
- You are able to choose a safe, private space to have your appointment. For example, some people may feel their bedroom is their safe space, or for others it may be a favorite park.
- You don't risk exposure of yourself or others to COVID-19 when using telehealth services.
Hear from People We Serve
Lee, a person we serve, tells us the story of how she and her family began using telehealth services with WellPower after the COVID-19 pandemic began.
With WellPower's rapid transition from in-person services to telehealth, Lee and her family were able to maintain their regular therapy schedules. Lee described the transition as odd and foreign at first, but she quickly got used to it.
"I’d never used telehealth before or had a desire to use it. I’ve always been more of an ‘in-person’ person. This model has surprised me, though! It’s easy and beneficial for me and my family. It’s different, but it’s not a bad different. I know we’re looking at new norms as our lives change. When it’s safe for us to resume in-person services again, we’ll probably still use a combination of telehealth and our regular appointments at WellPower," says Lee.
If you are not yet receiving services with WellPower, call or email the Access Center at 303-504-7900 or AccessCenter@wellpower.org.
If you and your clinical team have decided to use video calls for your services, you will need an email address, a stable internet connection, a device that can send and receive video and Microsoft Teams installed on either your personal smartphone or computer.
Please download the appropriate guide to walk you through the installation process by clicking on the buttons below.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new telehealth mobile app. The app follows best security practices to protect your information, and gives you the ability to:
- Receive appointment reminders and connect to video telehealth appointments straight from the app
- View current and future appointments, assigned Care Team, and current medications
- View a list of forms that have been signed or need to be completed (download the guides to learn how to sign forms in English and Spanish)
- Request medication refills through the HealthMart app
- Access the YOU@YourBest platform for free, personalized information curated by experts at WellPower
How do I get the App?
We Support You
WellPower is committed to ending racism, discrimination & bias and ensuring equity for all. Our conversations must lead to meaningful action. Click here to see ongoing efforts in this area.
We know we can always propel change and we need to continue these conversations. Meaningful change begins with allowing your voice and experiences to be heard. Please reach out to the Advocate Office to share with us what we are doing well and what we can improve to ensure equity for all.
If you have questions, need help, or just aren't sure where to start, please fill out the form to contact us. Someone will be in touch with you soon.